In planning an incredible Thanksgiving gathering for a few close friends, why not go all out by having a professional St. Louis car service provide transportation to the venue? That way, your guests can dine on fine food and enjoy cocktails, knowing the same St. Louis limo service will take them safety home.
Hosting the Perfect Gathering
In addition to surprising your guests with transportation from a St. Louis car service, consider the following hosting tips
- Menu—Because the menu is the primary focus of your Thanksgiving event, you want to plan carefully. Offer guests both traditional and innovative dishes. You also want to be aware of any special requests. For instance, if you have a guest who follows a vegetarian lifestyle, be sure to incorporate appropriate dishes rather than making that person choose only a few items from the planned menu.
- Pumpkin and Pecan Pie—Rather than waiting until the last minute, make your pies the night before or the morning of the event. Cover the pies with plastic wrap so they will stay fresh and delicious.
- Be Creative—If you plan to make traditional dishes, branch out a little and get creative. As an example, if you’re using box stuffing, add a small amount of walnuts and cranberries to make the dish more appealing and delicious.
- Appropriate Drinks—If you plan to serve your guests alcoholic drinks, coordinate with the Thanksgiving meal by serving something like spiced rum and wine. As mentioned, this is when having a St. Louis limo service on call is so important. Now, if children will be at the dinner, make some type of sparkling punch for them. That way, all of your guests feel special.
- Activities—For a less formal Thanksgiving dinner, come up with some fun games and activities that everyone can participate in, including children.
- Giving Thanks—As part of the evening’s events, take time to have each person give thanks for one particular thing.
- Coffee and Snacks—If you plan to provide alcoholic beverages, be sure you have freshly made coffee and snacks toward the end of the evening. This will take the edge off and make the trip back home by the St. Louis limo service more enjoyable.
- Parting Gifts—To make the evening complete and before your guests leave using the St. Louis car service, offer everyone a small parting gift. This does not have to be anything expensive or fancy; just a small token of your appreciation for their friendship.
Safe Holiday Travels
At your Thanksgiving gathering, you want friends to have a great time, but as a responsible host, you also want to make sure everyone arrives back home safely. The best way to accomplish this is by hiring a professional St. Louis car service.Tags: holidays