Throughout the year St. Louis Missouri offers many activities, and during Labor Day the city goes all out. Although everyone has distinct preferences, you can be sure that St. Louis has something special for everyone. Below are just a few examples of the many popular festivities.
Popular Labor Day Festivities
- Cardinals vs. Pirates and Cubs – At the top of the list, go and watch the St. Louis Cardinals play. On September 4th, 5th, and 6th, the Cardinals will take on the Pirates and then on the 7th, they go up against the Cubs.
- Midwest Wingfest – Held on September 4 and 5, this is the perfect event for getting to eat delicious chicken wings. In addition to sampling literally dozens of different hot and gourmet wings, you will be treated to live music, a 5K run, wing eating contest, and much more.
- Nicholas Greek Festival – This is another popular Labor Day event in St. Louis. If you appreciate really good food like homemade pastries, this festival is ideal. This year, the festival will be held in the Central West End of Forest Park from September 4th through 7th. Along with great food, there will be amazing dancing, music, and a beer garden.
- The Great Godfrey Maze – A great time for the entire family, this maze is held in Glazebrook Park, just a short drive from St. Louis into Godfrey, Illinois. Spread across seven acres, you will find a fun but also challenging corn maze with a Harry Potter theme. The maze opens September 4th and goes through 7th from 6:00 to 10:00 pm on Friday and then all day Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
- Labor Day Beer Blast – This event offers ice cold beer along with wonderful food and live music. The event is just outside St. Louis in Grafton, Illinois, to be held September 6th from 5:00 to 9:00 pm at the 3rd Chute Bar & Grill located on Main Street.
- Big Muddy Blues Festival – If you enjoy great blues music you do not want to miss this Labor Day festival. This outdoor music venue will feature both local and nationally recognized artists performing on two stages throughout Laclede’s Landing on September 5th and 6th.
A Little More Excitement
To make the 2015 Labor Day weekend in St. Louis even more special, you should consider hiring a limo company. Especially if you plan to sample any of the cold beer that will be served at many of the events, a chauffeur will ensure you get to and from each festivity not only in comfort and style but also safely.Tags: Labor Day Events, St. Louis events, travel tips