For executives who travel often, whether for business or pleasure, there are various mobile apps that make trips easier and more convenient. The biggest challenge is narrowing the selection down to just 10 possibilities considering that earlier this year, 1.3 million apps were offered for Android users and another 1.2 million for Apple users. Here are our travel tips for the best mobile apps for travel.
10 of the Best
- Tripit – With this mobile application, all your travel itineraries are bundled into a calendar format. As a result, you stay better organized regarding flight schedules, rental car pickups, hotel bookings, and meeting information. There are three plans, including Basic, which is free, and Pro, which costs $49 per year. This application works great on Android, Blackberry, iOS, and Windows mobile devices with loaded information being forwarded to all confirmation emails to the Tripit account.
- Overland Chauffeured Services – Prior to going on a trip, you can use this mobile app to get a rate quote for limo services; book a reservation; make changes to an existing reservation; view current, completed, and future reservations; and view the limo driver location up to 60 minutes in advance of the scheduled pickup time.
- iTranslate – If you travel overseas for business or pleasure, this is definitely an application worth having on your Android, Windows Phone, iOS, or OSX device. The application is completely free, and it works by translating over 80 languages to make conversations accurate and more comfortable when in a foreign country.
- Swackett – Although there are a number of great weather applications, this one is exceptional. The app is designed to display hourly and extended forecasts for chosen destinations, radar, satellite imagery, watch and warning alerts, wind chill and actual temperature, and much more. In addition, there is no cost for this application.
- Convert Units for Free – Another great application for executives who travel on business and pleasure is designed to make currency and other conversions easy. In real time, you will receive converted currency units, including exchange rates, updated instantly. Also, this application offers unit conversions for distance, temperature, speed, volume, weight, time, and so on.
- Urbanspoon – This free mobile app is exceptional when looking for great places to eat. Some travelers enjoy local fares off the beaten path, and with this application, you can do just that. The app takes into account not only your location but also specified preference for taste and the amount of money you are willing to spend. The app includes the menu, directions, and customer reviews for the restaurants provided.
- HotelTonight – The next time you get ready to book a hotel, receive a 70% discount for same-day hotel booking at literally thousands of locations all over North America and Europe. The app features 24/7 customer support if you ever run into a problem.
- Dropbox Mailbox – With this application, you can easily prioritize work that needs immediate attention as opposed to things that can wait. Designed for iPhone users, this is an exceptional option.
- Trello – Both short- and long-term goals can be organized with this app. Especially if you travel a lot, this mobile app is an extremely easy-to-use task tracker that works alongside and links directly to a Google Apps Enterprise organization. If wanted, you can add people to tasks, track task progress, add milestones, and more.
- Google Keep – This new note-taking mobile application can be a real lifesaver in certain situations. Designed for Android smartphones, this application makes it possible to quickly take notes. As part of the design, the app also has type reminders, website links, and task lists.
To make your trips even more convenient, you can hire a professional limo company to get you to the hotel, restaurants, and meetings for a very affordable price. In St. Louis, Missouri, a great option is Corporate Transportation.Tags: travel tips